Last updated May 26, 2018.
1. Collection of your information
- 1.1 We collect personal information such as your email address and demographic information which may include, age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you choose to participate in activities related to the Site, such as newsletter subscriptions, downloads and website posts submitted by you, such as reviews, comments and product posts.
- 1.2 When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device which may include, but is not limited to, information about your web browser, IP (internet protocol) address, time zone, ISP (internet service provider) and cookies. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, the web pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- 1.3 We collect personal and other information you may provide when creating or updating your user account, such as your username, country, profile image and social media handles. You are under no obligation to complete all data fields in your profile, however for required information if you choose not to submit the data your ability to create, update, or use your user account may be limited, restricted or prohibited.
- 1.4 We collect personal and other information you may provide when entering contests, giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
2. Use of your information
- 2.1 We may use your personal information to promote and market goods and services to you, and to monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- 2.2 We may use your information to deliver targeted advertising, coupons and other information regarding our website to you.
- 2.3 We use your Device Information to improve and optimize the Site. For example by generating analytics about how users browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- 2.4 We may use your information to compile anonymous statistical analysis and data for internal use or with third parties.
- 2.5 We use your email address to send you content and notifications. You have the option to opt-out of the content and notifications emails.
- 2.6 We may use your information to request feedback, resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
3. Disclosure of your information
- 3.1 We may share your personal information when required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. hold and use your personal information when required by the law.
- 3.2 We may share your information with third party service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, including data analysis, email delivery, hosting services and marketing assistance. We currently use:
- 3.3 We will not share or sell your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
- 3.4 Any posts submitted by you to the Site, such as reviews, images, comments and product posts, can be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
- 3.5 We use third party advertisers to serve advertisements when you visit the Site. These companies may use Device Information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are in your web browser cookies to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We currently use:
- 3.6 We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- 3.7 Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- 3.9 We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
- 3.10 If you deactivate your account, your information will stay in our database for auditing and statistical purposes. You will not receive any direct communication from us and your personal information will not be passed on to any of our intregrations or partners.
- 4.2 A cookie is a small file we store on your computer which holds the information we outlined in clause 4.1. Every time you visit the Site we can view this information.
- 4.3 You may clear or disable cookies from within your web browser. This can affect how you are able to interact with the Site.
- 4.4 We use third party service providers to allow tracking technologies and remarketing services on the Site through the use of first party cookies and third-party cookies, to, among other things, analyze and track users’ use of the Site, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. By accessing the Site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by these third party service providers. We currently use:
5. Third party websites
- 5.1 The site engages in affiliate marketing by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. As part of affiliate marketing, the Site may post customized links to track referrals from links placed on the Site. Affiliate programs utilize cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales. There is no fee or cost to the user; the retailer or network pays the commission. We currently use:
- 6.1 We store your personal information in electronic form.
- 6.2 We take all reasonable precautions, such as technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information from misuse or unauthorized access. While we have taken procedural measures and safeguards to secure the personal information you provide us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
- 6.3 It is our practice to destroy, delete or de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed, but we must keep your files for the period required by law, after which time they may be destroyed.
7. Do not track
- 7.1 Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
8. Your rights
- 8.1 If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- 8.2 You may opt-out of email communications by following the unsubscribe link in our emails. You may also notify us through our contact information below.
9. Contact us
- 9.1 We welcome any questions or comments and invite you to contact us. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org